"Interning at Common Ground Publishing and receiving mentorship from the Managing Editors demystified the publishing process and gave me the confidence and the skills to seek out more publishing opportunities."
Amarin Young, Publishing Intern
"Interning at Common Ground provided me with terrific hands-on experience in social media marketing. I was able to put into practice principles learned in the classroom regarding customer engagement, content promotion, and brand awareness. I also gained insight into the academic publishing and conferencing industry as a whole by working closely with team members from both of these departments."
Sara Hoke, Former Social Media Intern Summer 2016, Common Ground Communications Designer
This individual will be responsible for providing an excellent customer service experience to all individuals contacting Common Ground. Responsibilities will include answering support requests pertaining to our conferences, journals, and software as well as supporting Common Ground’s Accounts Department with credit card processing and other duties as required by the Director of CGRN.
This position requires a strong grasp of the English language, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to quickly familiarize oneself with Common Ground processes, and a dedicated customer service mindset. Applicants to this position must also possess excellent phone and email skills as well as a high school diploma. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, articulate, and able to adapt quickly to a changing work environment.
Job Title: Support Associate
Supervisor: Director of CGRN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a full-time position that provides support assistance for the Company.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
• Constantly operates a computer or other office equipment.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with academics and other publishing professionals who might have questions regarding attending conferences, submitting work, or submitted work.
• The person in this position needs to move about occasionally inside and outside the office to access file cabinets or office supplies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite; comprehensive knowledge of Word and Google Drive.
• Occasionally moves equipment or office supplies weighing up to 50 pounds across the room or in storage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Answering the telephone and directing all calls to the correct Company Team Member.
• Answer support tickets for all Research Networks.
• Provide excellent customer service experience for all individuals that contact the Company.
• Processes credit card payments for all Research Networks.
• Assist and work on projects assigned by the Communications Designer.
• Other duties as required by the Director of CGRN.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.