Virtual Lightning Talks are 5-minute video presentations designed for presenters who are not able to be present in-person at the conference, enabling participants to present and engage with colleagues from afar.
Features of Lightning Talk
- Your Lightning Talk should be a 5-minute video presentation. All Lightning talks are presented on our community YouTube channel.
- Your talk can be a Lecture or PowerPoint video:
- Lecture style is a more traditional format, with the video featuring the speaker on screen during the talk, rather than audio playing over a power point or visual aid.
- PowerPoint style uses images or another presentation format as the feature of the video, with voice recorded over the presentation/images.
- Your video should be recorded with a minimum resolution of at least 720p (HD).
- Your final presentation should be uploaded no later than one month prior to the start date of the conference. For example, if the conference dates are 1-3 June, your final presentation must be uploaded 1 May. Any Virtual Lighting Talks received after this date will not be featured at the conference.
Tips for Turning Your PowerPoint into a Video:
- Follow the "turning a powerpoint into a video" help guide.
Instructions for Uploading Your Presentation to the YouTube Channel:
- For a full guide on uploading your presentation to the YouTube Channel, visit our support page.
Linking to Your Lightning Talk from Your Community Profile
- We encourage all Virtual Presenters to link to your talk from your Scholar Community profile.