Final Submission Requirements
All final submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Change Note: If your article has been “Accepted with Revisions,” you must complete a change note to accompany your final submission.
- Editing: If a reviewer has recommended professional editing or proofreading by a friend or coworker, this must be completed.
- References: The references list and all internal citations must meet the guidelines outlined by the seventeenth edition of the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS17). Please refer to our Chicago Manual of Style Guide for instructions and examples.
- Accuracy of Citations: All in-text citations must be cited in the reference list and all sources in the reference list must be cited within the article. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to ensure the accuracy of citations. Sources accessed online must include a DOI or URL.
- Format: All final submissions must be formatted using Common Ground’s journal article template. The page layout, margins, fonts, styles, and all other settings of the template must not be altered in any way. Final submissions must be uploaded as a doc or docx file. (No PDF files.)
- Informed Consent: All submissions must comply with the Informed Consent for Human and Animal Rights statement. This applies to the use of data, surveys, interviews, and photographs, especially in the case of students in the classroom. When informed consent has been obtained it must be indicated in the final submission.
- Images: All figures, tables, images, etc. must credit a “source” of the image or content. If it was created or generated by the author(s), then please list the author(s) last name. If you are using images or content which are someone else’s, be certain this qualifies as fair use or be certain you have permission to use the image or content. Visit our Fair Use and Permissions support page to determine the right source of action for you and your article publication.
- Translations: Please ensure all titles in languages other than English in your reference list include an English translation that follows the title in the original language. Please see our Chicago Manual of Style Guide for formatting guidelines.