Final Submissions | Article Requirements
Accurate References & Citations
- The references list and all internal citations must meet the guidelines outlined by the seventeenth edition of the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS17). Please refer to our Chicago Manual of Style Guide for instructions and examples.
- All in-text citations must be cited in the reference list and all sources in the reference list must be cited within the article. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to ensure the accuracy of citations.
- Sources accessed online must include a DOI or URL.
- All non-English titles in your reference list must include an English translation following the title in the original language. Please see our Chicago Manual of Style Guide for formatting guidelines.
Formatted in the CGRN Template
- All final submissions must be formatted using Common Ground’s journal article template.
- The page layout, margins, fonts, styles, and all other settings of the template must not be altered in any way.
- Final submissions must be uploaded as a doc or docx file. (No PDF files.)
- All submissions must comply with the Informed Consent for Human and Animal Rights statement.
- This applies to the use of data, surveys, interviews, and photographs, especially in the case of students in the classroom.
- When informed consent has been obtained it must be indicated in the final submission.
Images, Graphics, Visual Elements
- All figures, tables, images, etc. must credit a “source” of the image or content. If it was created or generated by the author(s), then please list the author(s) last name.
- If you are using images or content which are someone else’s, be certain this qualifies as fair use or be certain you have permission to use the image or content.
- Visit our Fair Use and Permissions support page to determine the right source of action for you and your article publication.
Additional Requirements for "Accepted If Revised" Articles
- If your article has been “Accepted with Revisions,” you must complete a change note to accompany your final submission.
- If a reviewer has recommended professional editing or proofreading by a friend or coworker, this must be completed.
Other Notes and Reminders for the Final Submission
- If your abstract or keywords have changed, please include an updated abstract and keyword set.
- Please refrain from using any of the "citations and bibliography" tools or features in Microsoft Word. These are not editor-friendly software tools and they cause numerous problems during typesetting. Citations and references should be entered as regular text without the aid of any special features or tools.
- Please insert all images as .jpg files. Please keep image resolution below 300 DPI but above 200 DPI.
- In case of symbols, please only insert symbols using standard fonts (e.g., WingDings, Arial Unicode MS).
- Please do not use advanced MS Word features such as automatic reference tools, drawing objects, automatic table of contents and table of indexes, bookmarks, background or font colors, highlighting, strike-through, embossing, or any other complex MS Word feature.MS Word footnote/endnote tools are one exception to this rule.