Information about Our Full Editing Service for Journal Articles
To use Common Ground’s full editing services, authors must first get a Price Quote from the Publishing department.
Contact us to express your interest in having your article edited. A member of our Publishing department will review your article and provide you with a quote.
Once you have received the quote and your payment has been successfully processed, we will assign a copy editor to your article. You will receive a copy of your edited article via email within fourteen to twenty-one business days.
Please select “Editing Services” as the topic and use the subject line to specify your interest in Full Editing Services.
Common Ground Research Networks is pleased to offer editing services for authors who would like to have their work professionally edited. Authors may request editing services prior to the initial submission of their article or after the peer-review process. In some cases, peer reviewers may recommend that an article be edited as a condition of publication.
If an article that we have edited is rejected by a Common Ground journal on purely English language grounds, you can receive either a full refund or have your manuscript re-edited free of charge. However, if you make alterations to your article after we edit it or choose not to accept our recommended revisions, you are not eligible for a refund or free re-editing. Your article will be edited within fourteen to twenty-one business days. While arranging for editorial services and while your article is with the copy editor, any deadlines related to this article will be extended.
Please note that this service is not mandatory for publication in a Common Ground journal. Using this service does not guarantee acceptance for publication, nor are you obliged to submit your edited manuscript to a Common Ground journal. Please note that we take academic integrity seriously. By submitting your article to our editing services, we trust that the material you have submitted is based entirely on original material. If plagiarism is found after an article has gone through our editing services, you waive the right to a refund. If plagiarism is found and your article has been uploaded to our system, the article will be withdrawn from the publication process, and future revisions of this article and any article submitted by you will be ineligible for submission to our journals and our editing services.
For $0.05 USD per word, one of our freelance copy editors will:
- Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors in the full article, abstract, and author biographies.
- Revise articles for clarity, readability, logic, awkward word choice, and phrasing.
- Check and correct typos and formatting inconsistencies.
- Confirm the use of British or American English.
- Change references to confirm proper use of the Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition.
- Check that in-text citations are included in the reference list.
- Indicate if a citation in the reference list does not appear in-text.
- Verify the correct year of in-text citations to the corresponding references.
- Verify the correct/consistent spelling of names for in-text citations for the corresponding references.
The following is not included with Common Ground’s full editing services and is the responsibility of the author(s):
- Adding content to the article (developmental editing).
- Ensuring that all material is properly cited and that direct quotations are indicated using quotation marks.
- Formatting the article in our typesetting template.
- Formatting tables and figures in the article.
- Obtaining source permissions for tables, figures, and/or images.
- Fact-checking citations in the reference list.
Yes, our Publishing department will extend the deadline for your final submission should you choose to use our editing services.
No, you are not obligated to use our services. You may use any editing service to fulfill this requirement.