Student Registrations are reserved for full-time students only.
The Student Registration rate is a restricted registration rate. This means that users registering for a Student Registration will be asked to 'request' the registration rate by providing proof of enrollment.
Follow the steps below to learn how to request a Student Registration:
1. Navigate to the website of the conference of your choice and select the 'Registration' tab from the menu bar.
2. Under the 'Standard Registrations', find the Student Registration table on the right-hand side of the page. This will include a breakdown of prices corresponding with the registration deadlines. Please note that deadlines update automatically and the system will display the price of the current registration deadline. To register, select the blue REGISTER button at the bottom of the table.
3. You will be taken to the following screen. If you already have a CGScholar account, please log in at this time using the prompt box under Registration Options and Extras. If you do not have a CGScholar account, select the radio button next to 'I need a Scholar Account' and proceed*.
*If you are unsure of whether you already have a CGScholar account or not, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
4. After you have logged into your CGScholar account or created a CGScholar account as a first-time user, scroll down on the same page. You will see a list of registration options with descriptions, quantity, price, and total sum columns.
In unrestricted registration options, users can select the number of each registration that they would like in the quantity column.
For restricted registrations like the Student Registration, users must click the 'Request' button instead. Please note that the 'Request' button is only functional for users who are logged into their CGScholar account at time of registration. First-time users need to create their CGScholar account and then return to the registration page to proceed.
5. Clicking the 'Request' button will prompt a dialogue box to appear with the option to attach a file or document. The file or document should be proof of full-time student status or enrollment.
Examples of Proof of Enrollment:
6. Once the request has been submitted, a member of Common Ground's staff will review the request. If the request is approved, the user will receive an email notification with a direct link to complete registration. The user will be able to now add the restricted registration to their cart and proceed with checkout.
All purchases, including conference registrations, are subject to our refund policy. Common Ground Research Networks' refund policy can be found in our Terms & Conditions, under '5. Cancellations/Refund Policy'. Users can find our complete terms and conditions, along with our refund policy on this page.
Examples of proof of enrollment are: 1. A valid student ID card with the expiration dates clearly visible. (Please note: IDs without visible expiration dates will not be accepted). 2. Unofficial transcripts with visible enrollment for the current term. 3. A letter or other document issued from the applicant's university verifying their status as a full-time student for the current term.
The 'Request' button is only functional for users who are logged into their CGScholar account at time of registration at this time. New users must create their account and then return to the registration page to proceed with registration.
Most registration requests are reviewed within 48 hours from time of submission (excluding weekends and US holidays).
If you experience difficulty completing your registration or have additional questions, please email our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org .