Article submissions must pass initial checks before qualifying entry into the peer review process. The criteria for initial checks is listed below. Please ensure your work meets all initial check requirements before submitting the article.
- We only accept text files or files in .doc or .docx format (such as from Microsoft Word or Open Office).
- We do not accept PDF submissions.
- Articles should be approximately 2,000–8,000 words in length. This limit does not include titles, subtitles, references, or the abstract.
Quality of the Text
- All submitted articles must read as a formal academic article. Word choice should not reflect a conversational or relaxed dialogue, be overly dependent on the use of bulleted lists, or rely heavily on the use of direct quotes. A formal academic article should articulate ideas in a writing style that is precise, logical, and professional.
- All factual statements must be supported by cited sources or research evidence.
- Articles must cite in text a minimum of five scholarly sources (books, book chapters, journal articles) and include all sources in a complete reference list. Sources by contributing authors do not count toward this minimum.
- Authors must ensure the accuracy of citations, quotations, diagrams, tables, and maps. All sources must be cited in the text as well as in the reference list.
Anonymous Peer Review
- Submissions must not appear on any publicly visible website to avoid compromising the validity of an anonymous review. If your article submission is publicly visible on any website, please remove the content before uploading your submission.
- Initial submissions should omit all author-identifying material for a double-anonymous peer review.
Previously Published Material
- We do not accept submissions of previously published works.
- Article submissions must contain no more than 30% of textual material published in other places by the same author or authors, and these other places must be acknowledged and cited; in other words, the remaining 70% of the article must be unique and original to your current submission.
- Include an updated abstract and set of keywords.
- Please format your submissions according to the journal article template (if possible).
- Please follow the citation guidelines of Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition (if possible).
- Please insert all images as .jpg files. Please keep image resolution below 300 DPI.
- In case of symbols, please only insert symbols using standard fonts (e.g., WingDings, Arial Unicode MS).
- Please avoid using certain advanced Word features such as background or font colors, drawing objects, automatic table of contents and table of indexes, autotext or fields, bookmarks, highlighting, strike-through, embossing, and other complex Word text formatting.