Outlining the publication process and submission timeline.
2. Once your conference presentation proposal has been accepted, you can use the Author Guidelines to see the requirements for journal article submissions.
3. After making any necessary revisions, you may submit your article by clicking the “Add a Paper” button on the right side of your proposal page. You may upload your article anytime between the first and the final submission deadlines. (See dates below)
4. Once your article is received, it is verified against the Article Requirements (listed in the Author Guidelines). If your article satisfies these requirements, your identity and contact details are then removed, and the article is matched to two appropriate referees and sent for review. You can view the status of your article at any time by logging into your CGPublisher account at www.CGPublisher.com.
5. When both referee reports are uploaded, and after the referees’ identities have been removed, you will be notified by email and provided with a link to view the reports. If your article is rejected, you may resubmit it once, with a detailed change note, for review by new referees.
6. If your article has been accepted or accepted with revisions, it will enter the membership confirmation stage. We require at least one author associated with the article to have a unique Research Network Membership or Conference registration. Please note: This membership must match the Research Network and year of the proposal submitted.
7. Next you will be asked to accept the Publishing Agreement and submit a final copy of your article. If your article is accepted with revisions, you will be required to submit a change note with your final submission. The change note must detail the comments and concerns addressed by the reviewers in the reports, and it should outline the revisions made as a result of the peer review process. Please include the change note as the first page of your final submission.
8. Once we have received the final submission of your article, which was accepted or accepted with revisions, our Publishing Department will give your article a final review. During this step, your workflow status will be listed as "Ready for Typesetting," indicating that the final submission is ready for inspection. If the final submission meets the Final Submission Requirements, the article will then begin typesetting. This final review will verify that the article complies with all Final Submission Requirements, such as the correct the use of the Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition) and the other listed requirements. Final submissions that do not meet the requirements are rejected for typesetting and returned to the author(s) for revisions. Final submissions which meet the requirements will be typeset and a typeset proof will be sent to the author(s) for approval before publication.
9. Individual articles are published “Web First” with a full citation. Full issues follow at regular, quarterly intervals. All issues are published four times per volume (except for annual reviews, which are published once per volume).
You may submit your article for publication to the journal at any time throughout the year. The rolling submission deadlines are as follows:
• Submission Round One – 15 January
• Submission Round Two – 15 April
• Submission Round Three – 15 July
• Submission Round Four – 15 October
Note: If your article is submitted after the final deadline for the volume, it will be considered for the following year’s volume.The sooner you submit, the sooner your article will begin the peer review process. Also, because we publish “Web First,” early submission means that your article will published with a full citation as soon as it is ready, even if that is before the full issue is published.