Book manuscript submissions must pass initial review before qualifying entry into the publication process. The criteria for initial review is listed under Manuscript Requirements. Please ensure your work meets all requirements before submitting the manuscript.
- Manuscripts should be approximately 30,000–150,000 words in length. This limit does not include copyright page, table of contents, acknowledgements, preface, titles, subtitles, appendices, or references.
Quality of the Text
- All submitted manuscripts must read as a formal academic manuscript. Word choice should not reflect a conversational or relaxed dialogue, be overly dependent on the use of bulleted lists, or rely heavily on the use of direct quotes. A formal academic manuscript should articulate ideas in a writing style that is precise, logical, and professional.
- All factual statements must be supported by cited sources or research evidence.
- Manuscripts must include, at minimum, an average of ten scholarly sources (books, book chapters, journal articles) per 10,000 words.
- At least half of this minimum must be cited in text. These sources must be published within the past twenty years to ensure authors are engaging with the contemporary discourse in their field.
- Sources by contributing authors do not count toward this minimum. All sources need to be in the complete reference list.
- All citations must follow either the most current edition of the Chicago Manual of Style or the most current edition of APA.
- Authors must ensure the accuracy of citations, quotations, diagrams, tables, and maps.
- Submissions must not appear on any publicly visible website to avoid compromising the validity of a review. If your manuscript submission or title is publicly visible on any website, please remove the content before submitting your manuscript.
- Initial submissions should omit all author-identifying material.
Previously Published Material
- We do not accept submissions of previously published works, for single- or multi-author manuscripts.
- Manuscript submissions must contain no more than 30% of previously published material (direct quotes). The remaining 70% of the manuscript must be unique and original to your current submission.